A random roundup of tweets, posts, and/or interesting goings-on in Astoria social media:
1. Twitter, FB// Sorriso Salumeria is running a contest to increase its followers & fans.
2. Twitter, blog// Queens Comfort gets some Queens Love, Bradley Hawks-style.
I’m not sure when Bradley Hawks left for his Hawaiian holiday, or when he returned, but I figured it out when I followed this tweet from @QNSLUV…
and lo and behold ….
[Go ahead, I know you want to: Here's the whole post, over on QUEENS LOVE.]
3. Funniest Twitter, Instagram// @DiWineBar gets comment-card love.
Go to Twitter yourself if you want to see the Instagram of the card; what I thought was awesome was DiWine’s brief-but-intriguing tweet:
4. Twitter, Facebook// @Bohemian Beer Garden announces Czech and Slovak classes
5. And… // @cubicle57blog‘s got something in the works!
I never met her personally, but I follow Beckie Stravers (aka cubicle57blog) on Twitter, as do a lot of Astoria tweeps:
Even under construction, Make Your Media Social is charming. (Or as my husband might say— because he’s not from around here—”wicked charming!”) I’m not sure what she does in her cubicle on the Upper West Side, but the girl’s a natural-born writer and has a very easy way with social media. I’m thinking she could persuade even the most curmudgeonly anti-social Astoria small business owner to get with the program, digitally. (No pressure, Beckie!) Check out her progress on the new site here: Make Your Media Social — Social Media Training and Consultation.